RMED SuccessSince its inception in 1993, the University of Illinois RMED Program has graduated 271 physicians. 214 graduates are in practice with an additional 57 graduates in residency training. The majority of RMED graduates (68%) have remained in Illinois.
- 349 participants (Class of 1993 - 2019)
- 271 graduates
- 211 graduates in practice
- 57 graduates in residency training
- 76 students attending medical school
- 80% of graduates attend primary care residencies (leads the nation)
- 75% of graduates practice in towns of less than 20,000 people
- RMED graduates are practicing in 80 different Illinois communities
- RMED graduates, compared to all other U of I College of Medicine graduates, are 8.5 times more likely to practice in a rural location and 9.7 times more likely to practice in communities designated as primary care shortage areas.
The RMED Fact Sheet has additional information about RMED outcomes.